The Christmas holiday gives time for managing your career to most people. Here are 5 quick tips for how to approach this.
- Update your CV. Have it ready to use if the perfect job comes up, or there is an emergency. Add in you achievement and experience for 2019 – it is easy to forget hat you have done.
- Think about your happiness with you job and your boss.
- If you boss is the problem, are there reasons for them acting that way? Can these be addressed?
- What is the next step in your career? How can you get closer by adding to you experience and skills?
- Even if your employer does not provide training, look at what is available online for free or at a low cost. Some is of limited quality, some is excellent – some is university level.
It is up to you to manage your career, so take advantage of the extra time. If we can help, see the Christmas opening hours on the homepage